Functional fitness is a classification of training that prepares the body for real-life movements and activities. Focused on building a body capable of doing real-life activities in real-life positions, functional fitness is not just lifting a certain amount of weight in an idealized posture created by a gym machine. Think of it as training your body to easily move through life.
Who benefits from functional training?
Anyone who has:
- Trouble standing/reaching/lifting/bending etc,
- Chronic pain in feet/ankles/knees/hips
- Old injuries (speaking for myself here as y'all know my knees and shoulder are messed up)
- Low back pain
- Bad posture
Honestly, the list is endless. If you have a body, you'll benefit from functional training.
What does functional training look like?
The simple answer is functional training mimics every day movements that are/could possibly in the future cause you pain. For example, reaching overhead to place something on a shelf or carrying in grocery bags from the car are second-nature movements. We just do the things we need to do, right? But what if you (knock on wood) are injured and the recovery is sloooow? Or you notice once simple movements are more challenging as you age. Functional training to the rescue!
Here's a video of me demonstrating a typical functional movement exercise for working the upper back:
Putting the 'fun' in functional
One thing I can guarantee: my workouts will never be boring. You'll laugh. You'll cry. You'll have fun. Well, hopefully you won't cry but the rest is true!
If you're ready to get started, let's go! Contact me here. Or, send me a text message at 713-391-0891 with your name and mention Training For Life!
training for life
Each month you'll receive:
- Two one-on-one, 30-minute training sessions
- Two 90-minute massages
- Two 15-minute stretch sessions
You'll also receive:
- Personalized workout sessions you can do at home
- Videos of your training sessions
- One bonus 30-minute stretch/workout session per quarter
- Swag and fitness equipment to enhance your at-home gym experience
Your cost: 500/month
Ready to start training for the rest of your life? Contact me at email@example.com or via text at 713-391-0891 and let's get moving!